- Quality construction that’s lightweight, with laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Factory-applied, genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® film covering
- Realistic markings and graphics, plus three nose-art decal choices
- Large top-hatch makes access to electronics and batteries convenient
- Two-piece, plug-in wing with anodized-aluminum tube support
- Tool-free field assembly for easy transport and storage
- Rugged fixed landing gear and four-inch tires included
- Retract ready—optional E-flite® electric retracts drop right in
- Painted fiberglass cowl with simulated engine detail
- Gear doors and cockpit details increase realistic appeal
- Easy-to-install gas/petrol engine and electric power mounts included
- Pre-hinged control surfaces help you save on build time
- Complete hardware kit included
- 15cc 2-stroke to 21cc 4-stroke gas/petrol engine or equivalent electric motor system
- Full-range, 4+ channel transmitter and receiver (5+ for the retract option)
- (5) Standard-size servos (4 for the electric power option)
- (2) Batteries for receiver and engine ignition (for the gas power option)
- (1) The Hangar 9® F6F Hellcat 15cc Sport Scale ARF
- (1) User Manual
At a dire moment of WWII the U.S. Navy was desperate for a fighter capable of returning the wallop enemy aircraft were serving. Grumman Aircraft answered the call with not just a capable aircraft, but a match that could be produced quickly and in massive numbers. Pilots of the new F6F Hellcat returned fire and then some by downing more foes over the Pacific than any other aircraft. Today, the roar of a Hellcat is an air show treat that embodies the rewards freedom and hard work has to offer.
The Hangar 9® F6F Hellcat 15cc Sport Scale ARF is a warbird model designed for legendary fun. Lightweight laser-cut construction combines with quality craftsmanship to deliver a durable, all-wood airframe. The result is an outstanding appearance with great performance and friendly flying manners. Its genuine UltraCote® film covering is professionally finished with a look that’s classic. Standard fixed landing gear feature stability and ruggedness for grass field operation. Plus, functional electric retracts are a drop-in option.
The basic build is simple so that your time at the bench can brief and enjoyable as possible. The hardware package is complete with everything needed for an internal-combustion or electric power installation. Choose a 15cc gas engine such as the easy-to-use Evolution® 15GX, and get long flights that cost only pennies per flight. Engineered into the fuselage is a large top-hatch that allows convenient access and quick electric flight battery changes. The fiberglass cowling provides enough space to conceal any of the recommended engine or motor recommendations. The two-piece, plug-in wing design includes tool-free assembly in addition to ease of transport and storage.
In the air, this Hellcat proves its heritage with maneuverability that’s rock-solid, friendly stall manners and a feel at the controls that will have you wanting more. Whether this F6F Hellcat is your first warbird or a fun addition to a growing fleet, don’t be surprised if a Hangar 9 ARF is all you’ll ever want to fly.