F-18 Blue Angels Parts List
The E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF jet delivers an unmatched flying experience, combining fantastic performance and easy handling with Extra Scale details and features, plus a finish that pays tribute to the iconic U.S. Navy demonstration team.
Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 has served the U.S. Navy Blue Angels since 1986 — longer than any other aircraft flown by the famous flight demonstration team. F/A-18s flown by the Blue Angels are nearly the same as those used by the Navy and Marine Corps as both fighters and attack platforms. The weapons are removed, a smoke-oil tank is installed, and the control stick spring system is adjusted to offer more precise control. The E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF provides an exceptional flying experience highlighted by an abundance of Extra Scale details and functional features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and more, while also being factory-finished to pay tribute to the iconic demo team.
- The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels demonstration team
- Factory-applied trim scheme with decal sheet to apply the number designation of your choice
- Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
- Ten factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
The E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF has the size, scale details, functional features and performance to provide an unmatched flying experience. An abundance of Extra Scale details, including molded-in panel lines and hatches, removable ordnance and drop tanks, a pilot figure and more, take the realistic appearance to another level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, full-flying stabs and operational flaps, plus retracts and sequenced gear doors. It's also equipped with the most scale-like landing gear of any F-18 EDF model yet, and the shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts are painted white for even more authenticity. There are ten factory-installed metal-geared servos in both versions, and you can install the compatible receiver and an 80mm EDF power system — from another similar class model or using other compatible components — of your choice in the ARF Plus version. Or, the BNF Basic version comes factory-equipped with a Spektrum™ receiver that includes exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies, along with a V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100A ESC to deliver fantastic performance with 6S 4000–7000mAh LiPo batteries. This power system also provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in larger models — plus it offers a turbine-like sound! Constructed of durable, fully-molded EPO material, no glue is required for assembly and it can be ready to fly in less time than other similar class models.